The Student News Site of Pine Creek High School

Talon Media

Talon Media

Talon Media

Preview on the New Five Nights at Freddy’s Movie

A Brief history on Five Nights at Freddy’s, and the expectations on the movie by classmates

This Friday, October 27, is the release date of the movie Five Nights At Freddy’s. The movie is based off of a highly popular horror game, Five Nights at Freddy’s released in 2014. Having released more than 8 games, with the most recent release being Security Breach. The Five Nights at Freddy’s movie has been highly anticipated since its first trailer released back in May.

Five Nights at Freddy’s was created by Scott Cawthon, and first released in August of 2014 gaining quick success and a massive amount of traction and popularity. With the popularity of the first release, Cawthon released the second Five Nights at Freddy’s game, and saw massive success. Cawthon in total has released 9 official Five Nights at Freddy’s games and 4 unofficial/rip off games.

In the first Five Nights at Freddy’s game, you play as a night guard, trying to survive animatronics trying to off you, starting from 12AM to 6AM. In this version, you try to defend against four animatronics, Bonnie, Chica, Freddy, and Foxy. With Bonnie, Chica, and Freddy slowly moving from the stage towards your office, and foxy charging you if you don’t check on him. In your small, cramped office you only have doors to stop the animatronics. You also have lights and a camera to check on where the animatronics are. All of these countermeasures consume electricity, and if you ran out, Freddy would get you. Every game after would somewhat follow the formula of the first game, but not being the exact same.

The Five Nights at Freddy’s movie seems to take place in the same location as the first game, but does not follow the same exact story of the game. The movie follows the protagonist as the new night guard, and as he tries to survive the nights. With a massive reputation from the games, can the movie hold to the expectations of some of our students. Lainey Zeimer (10) thinks that the movie will be holding to the expectations. “I think it’s gonna be a pretty good movie. I think it’s gonna have cool puppets and animatronics with the characters. And I think the actors in the movie were really good, so I’m expecting it to be good.” Zeimer also thinks that the story of the movie should not be too similar to the games. “I don’t expect it to be that accurate to the current five nights at freddy’s lore, I don’t really think it needs to be because it’s a separate universe branching off different from [the game]. So not that accurate because other people can enjoy it too, and don’t have to get all caught up before seeing the movie.” While some think the movie should branch it off from the games, John Devit (10) thinks that the movie should be exactly like the Five Nights at Freddy’s games story. “I expect [the Five nights at Freddy’s movie] to be 100% accurate [to the game lore]. The movie has many aspects that Ty Bundy, another Sophomore, thinks makes the movie much more interesting. “I’m glad they changed their eye color. I’m hoping that Mike Smith is Michael Afton.”

The movie has been anticipated, and many have different opinions on how it should be, but many people think that the movie will be as good as the original game.