The Student News Site of Pine Creek High School

Talon Media

Talon Media

Talon Media

The Party’s Over Here

Screaming Eagles club boosts school spirit.
J Powell

In schools across the country, the sound of cheering fans, the sight of vibrant team colors, and the electrifying atmosphere of Friday night football games serve as a tribute to the power of school spirit. Football, in particular, plays a central role in fostering this sense of unity and pride within schools. Attending football games becomes a shared experience for students. “These events create lasting memories and create good bonds between classmates, teachers, and parents,” said Mike Parker (12). Whether it’s the last-minute touchdown or tailgating, these moments create memories that will be cherished in the future.  

Spirit themes serve as a powerful tool to unite students and parents in support of their school’s sports team. Screaming’ Eagles,the club that leads the student section, is dedicated to help organize and publicize the themes and boost school spirit. Everyone becomes part of a larger collective, showcasing their school pride and creating a strong sense of belonging. The club decides collectively on cheers, chants, and football game themes to create school support as well as spirit and to create an unforgettable atmosphere.  Emma Book (12) said, “We base our themes off the current events and interests of our students, so they’ll be more interested in participating”.

Football games are the ultimate showcase of our school spirit. The chants the Screaming Eagles Club comes up with echoes to the other team’s sideline, this is a time for people to come together and cheer and support their team. Chloe Luis (12) describes the student section’s atmosphere as surreal. Savannah Beaver (12)  describes the atmosphere as electrifying and cheerful. Elianna Jervis (12) explains  her favorite about the games is the energy and environment because she feels that “seeing people actually wear and do the spirits that they actually want to have a good time and go along with the trends.” all the students have the same vision of wanting everyone to be happy at the games and enjoy the theme. 

The Pine Creek Screaming Eagles are there to make sure the games are fun and showcase the incredible school spirit of the student body.  You can find out themes for upcoming games by following specific sports teams on social media. 

Instagram:
@pinecreekhs
@pinecreekathletics
@pinecreek.football
@pinecreekvball