The Student News Site of Pine Creek High School

Talon Media

Talon Media

Talon Media

Apex SATs: For the Students, By the Students

Apex SAT is a recently formed club with major goals to help every student get amazing scores on their SAT without the worry of costs. The club started from a group of students sharing their common want for a better SAT score, Emmett Smith (11) said, “Amari Luu had to get several very expensive SAT tutors, he got a 1590 due to the tutors but most students can’t access that.” The club was made to be free and available to all students, Smith said he wanted to, “to eliminate finances out of the high school [and] break down the socio economic boundaries.”

The SAT is an important part of the college admissions process. Prospective colleges will look at applicant’s scores, Amari Luu (12) said, “Many people might say [the SAT is] becoming irrelevant it isn’t.” SAT Tutoring – ApexSAT offers many free benefits and studying sessions free for all. The club is student lead when it comes to tutoring the kids and providing SAT support.  Nikhil Pudtha (12) said, “When I go to Kumon, I find it very effective to go up to one of the student tutors. I am more receptive to students teaching me than a teacher, listening to students is easier and fun.” SAT Tutoring – ApexSAT has taught kids from around 40 countries around the world and the majority of the states in the US. Smith shared a personal experience from tutoring, “I was in Colorado Springs tutoring [online] and one guy in my group was from Madrid and it was three in the morning for him, and he was still at our session. He was super active and participating and said that we really helped him and changed him,” Smith continued, “he had escaped Taiwan and he was coming to our sessions in the morning from Madrid.” Many positive reviews on their website help showcase the helpful and professional atmosphere the club takes. The club offers many benefits for students such as free study sessions, tutors, free resources, and a curriculum made from the actual SAT.