The Student News Site of Pine Creek High School

Talon Media

Talon Media

Talon Media

Eagles look to Post-Season Schedule

Playoff season is just around the corner and many students and football fans are excited to see how the team fares in our second year of 5A competition. The team enters the post-season ranked fourth behind Arapahoe, Columbine and Cherry Creek.  Brody Thompson (11) said, “I think we have a really good team this year, a team that works hard with a lot of heart.” That hard work shows too with the eagles 9-1 win record things are looking good for the post-season.

That win rate is no easy feat, hard work and practice is part of what makes this team so strong.  “I see some of the players taking it further than just simple practice, they are always in the gym when I am there and that dedication really shows, ” Darrin Carr (11) said. 

Many students say that the Pine Creek football Team is the face of the school. Zacaria Nassif (9) said “I think that we have a energetic team this year with an even more energetic crowd”

“The football team is what Pine Creek is really known for in the community,” said junior Josh Nguyen.  Although their prowess on the field is well-known, the team also tries to give back to the community through volunteer work in the summer including the Little Eagles Football camp and time spent handing out food with the Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share. 

The team starts off the post-season with a bye for round one, launching them into the second round. Their first playoff game will be held on November 10 against the winner of round 1 game 6 between the Denver East Angels and the Mullen Mustangs.  The team has been focusing on one game at a time this season, not getting too far ahead of themselves, still the excitement is palpable. “I’m just really excited to play, I don’t care which team it is,” said quarterback Cameron Cooper (11).  Cooper started out as back-up quarterback his freshman year and has worked hard to grow into the position. “My coach (Offensive Coordinator, Baker) has been my coach for a long time, and he’s really helped me become a better player, and a better person,” Cooper said. Cooper said the team is all after the same goal, and they’re excited to see how far they can get in the post-season. A full post-season 5A bracket is available on CHSAA.